Tuition Assistance

Joseph City Unified School District encourages staff to obtain skills that will help them develop professionally. We offer eligible employees the opportunity to apply for our tuition assistance benefit. Under this program the District will reimburse a portion of the cost of classes or training successfully completed. 

Who is eligible?

  • All regular employees whose duty schedule is 20 or more hours per week.

  • Staff who have been employed in a full or part time position by the District for at least 12 months.

What is reimbursable?

  • Tuition or registration fees for college or university classes, professional development, training to improve skills or obtain certification.

  • Courses and training must be related to the employee’s assignment, part of a teacher certification program, and/or employment areas of high need in the District.

  • Coursework must be approved in advance.

  • Coursework completed only after the employee becomes eligible (see eligibility criteria above).

What is NOT reimbursable?

  • The cost of books, software, supplies, travel, lodging, university/college fees, or other fees are not reimbursable.

  • Tuition or registration fees incurred for coursework completed prior to December 1, 2021 are not eligible for reimbursement.

How much can I receive?

  • Employees may receive up to $1,000 per school year, with a maximum of $3,000 in any five-year period.

How do I apply?

1  Click here to open TalentEd | Available Forms.

2  Then select, complete and submit the Tuition Assistance Request form in TalentEd | Available Forms at least two weeks prior to the course of study.

3  You will be notified when your application is either approved or rejected. If approved, save any invoices and receipts.

As tuition funds are limited, each application will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Applications may be denied for the following reasons:

  • Course does not directly link to increased job performance or tie to career path or is not related to a high need areas identified by the District;

  • Incomplete application;

  • Request exceeds funding limits.

How do get reimbursed?

  • Application must be pre-approved.

  • Open your approved Tuition Assistance Request form in your TalentEd MY TASKS queue.

  • Complete the form and attach an official receipt from the university or organization showing itemized charges, proof of payment by the employee AND an official transcript, grade report or certificate of completion.

  • A grade of “C” or better (or “passing” grade if applicable) will be required for reimbursement.

  • Submit the form in TalentEd


Call the District Office or email your question to